Previously, the company Roborock has introduced its very new robot vacuum cleaner called Roborock S6. It looks similar in design with roborock S5. Besides, Roborock S6 comes up with important improvements and new features. This new model is smarter and more efficient than S5. This S6 comes with app control features such as smart room recognition – separate room cleaning and scheduling. Here we will give you a Roborock s5 Vs6 comparison in all aspects.
Will it worth buying a more costly Roborock S6 or continue with its previous model Roborock S5? You may want to continue reading to know more about that.
Roborock S5 and S6: Common Features
The latest model Roborock S6 shares a lot of features with its previous S5. You will find both of these models very effective in cleaning, smart in operation, and more or less affordable. They come up with a lower price tag than other famous vacuum cleaners with similar features.
- Both of these models are capable of doing mopping and sweeping simultaneously
- These both S5 and S6 models have powerful motor to suck up large piles of debris
- They can easily differentiate between the hard floors and carpets. And you will see both vacuum cleaners work at maximum power when working on carpet.
- Both of these can map your house precisely and allow you to see performed and not performed areas on your smart device.
- Both S5 and S6 support the virtual wall zone feature. This feature allows you to block those regions that you don’t want the robot to clean.
- This Roborock vacuum cleaner comes up with LIDAR and SLAM technology. It allows the previously-stored floor cleaning plan.
Roborock S5 and S6: Differing Features
With that said, both of these S5 and S6 have many common features. But still, there is some room available for improvements. Now we will be discussing what is different between these two models Roborock S5 vs S6.
- The roborock S5 comes up with three push buttons on the top while S6 comes up with touch button functionality
- With the new S6 model, now you are able to hide the charging cable inside the charging dock that makes it more minimalistic in design. This feature is not available in the S5 model.
- The S6 models come up with silicone rubber sider brushes that last relatively longer and provide excellent cleaning. While the S5 doesn’t have silicone-based side brushes
- The roborock s5 comes up with microfiber cloth for mopping – while the S6 has 10 disposable wipes and microfiber cloths in the box. Also, S6 has the functionality to control the water supply according to your need.
- Roborock S6 is featured with a high-quality cleaning roller by DuPontTM Zytel material. Which is the mixture of bristle and rubbery material that makes it an ideal choice for different types of surfaces While Roborock S5 doesn’t have new cleaner roller technology and its operation lags the S6 in that expect.
- Both of these models are known for their quiet cleaning operations. Still, the roborock S6 is 50% more quitter than S5 as it has been optimized for reduced motor vibration and modified the airflow in it.
Which One to Choose: Roborock S5 vs. S6
It totally depends on your type of need. Yes, there are many improvements in S6 that might attract you. S6 has the latest feature of the improved water tank and mopping for customized cleaning operation. You will find that Roborock S5 is not as noisy as S5. Its a powerful machine, yes it will make some noise, but not that loud. If you have a pet like a dog or a cat who sheds a lot – roborock S6 should your first choice – yes it is costly relative to S5 but as the other brands’ vacuum cleaner under the same flagship of features.
App features: Roborock S5 vs S6
The Mi Home App featured by S5 and S6 is a very handy tool that allows you to control most of their features right from your smart device. Both of these models support the App and shares the same features for that:
Digital Blocker: if you got a very messy area with cords or any room not ready for cleaning – you can add blockings and no-go lines. Now your Roborock Vacuum cleaner will not touch those areas you marked.
Zoned Cleaning: if you are looking to clean a high traffic area, you can draw specific lines there to be followed by a vacuum cleaner. You can even draw a rectangle and triangle lines to make vacuum clean within it.
Manual Control: you can control is motion just like a radio car. If you want it to be in a specific place, you can direct it from your mobile remote control. You may tap on the map on the screen and it will follow the lines to reach there.