Window cleaning is a time consuming process for any household. With the world edging towards automation, a robotic window cleaner can make a huge difference. The best window cleaning robots can make household tasks more energy efficient. Such automated devices make it easier to keep windows clean both indoors and, outdoors. Most robotic window washers offer generalized features, however few are engineered with different cleaning functions and height restrictions. If you’re unsure about which product best suits your housekeeping system, you’ll need to do a little bit of research. Our comprehensive analysis features some window cleaning robot reviews that studies performance, design and cost of the best products available in the market.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Window Cleaning Robots Comparison Table 
- 2 Top 7 Best Window Cleaning Robot Reviews for 2020
- 3 Best Window Cleaning Robots Buyer’s Guide
- 4 FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) : Automated Window Cleaning Robots
- 5 Final Thoughts
Best Window Cleaning Robots Comparison Table 
Top 7 Best Window Cleaning Robot Reviews for 2020
1. Alfawise S60
The future in home innovation involves automated systems that ensure high grade performance and energy efficiency. Alfawise window cleaning robot is a leading robotic edition that cleans out dusty windows virtually at any given point of time.
2. ECOVACS WINBOT W830
ECOVACS is a leading brand in the world of automation especially since their older generation models have greatly influenced buyers over the years. The WINBOT W830 model is a small commercial window cleaning robot that sports a high grade motor, dual suction cup rings and a backup battery feature.
3. Cop Rose X4 Window Cleaning Robot
Window cleaning is a tedious and also a dangerous process if you’re considering tall, large buildings. Smart technology has however introduced robotic window cleaners that can fulfill manual tasks with a single touch, and one such device is the Cop Rose X4 smart window cleaner. It is one of the best automatic window cleaners in the market since it can clean different kinds of surfaces both horizontal and vertical.
4. Alfawise WIN660
A high quality device, the Alfawise WIN660 Window Cleaning Robot is of great help both at home and at office. It is an ideal smart gadget with an ultra-thin design and a minimum noise level that is surprisingly lower than most vacuum cleaners. Traditionally one of the best robotic window cleaners in the market, Alfawise WIN660 not only features a smart vacuum system, but also sports a backup power system.
5. ECOVACS WINBOT W950
Engineered with a high-tech suction fan and a four stage operation system, ECOVACS WINBOT W950 window cleaning robot is massive hit with both smart home and business owners. It can tackle every type of glass surface, hence is specifically made to assist large scale furnishing. This window cleaning robot can hit up every tedious corner of your dirty window, cleanse and rinse glass surfaces till their spotless and rids you the expense of hiring manual workforce. Our handy guide to the best roomba vacuums features more great products like this.
6. TechComm V5 Window Cleaning Robot
Window cleaning robots are mechanized devices that make mundane tasks seem flawless. Modern machinery like the TechComm V5 cleaning robot provides automated muscle, durability and remote access with just the touch of a button. It features a strong tethering system and ensures soundless operation. One of the best robotic window washers in the market, it suits both smart domestic households as well as tech-savvy commercial setups.
7. ECOVACS WINBOT W730 Window Cleaning Robot
This window washing robot is one of the best robotic models of ECOVACS that suits small offices, and allows smart cleaning via remote access control. Incredibly user friendly, this robot features a three stage operation system that enables simple spraying/cleaning/drying course with optimized navigation.
Best Window Cleaning Robots Buyer’s Guide
Artificial intelligence integrates automated movements with window cleaning technology in both domestic households and commercial setups. It isn’t a surprise that the robotics industry has featured in a few gadgets worthy of display. Right from vacuuming indoors to mowing the lawn, you can automate your home with easy to use robotic devices that offer energy efficiency and high performance.
Why Window Cleaning Robots are Useful?
Window cleaning is not only boring but can be quite an arduous task. It is not shocking that automated robots have become a huge trend today especially if it means doing away with some household chores. Devices like the Robot X5 window cleaner or ECOVACS W850 are primarily industrial choices however smaller households prefer penny plain models like the ECOVACS W710 & W730. Here’s a quick look at the benefits:
- Window cleaning robots are AI based gadgets that can clean your window panes from the top to bottom, even those treacherous corners that are hard to reach. The robots also offer distinct stages of drying and polishing.
- A task like cleaning high rise windows from the outside is not only difficult but also unsafe. Robotic window cleaners utilize sensor based tech to scan, map and dictate a safe cleaning pathway that is obstacle free.
- Simple cleaning chores can be controlled with just the touch of a button or what is known as remote access. Such automated devices feature battery backup to function during power failure.
Factors to Consider when Buying the Best Window Cleaning Robots
Durability is a quality tester when it comes to automated window cleaners so if your robot cannot pan out over the years, it most likely isn’t an economical pick. You must look for sturdy exteriors, secure AI based algorithms and a sufficient battery cycle while shopping for automated robotic windows. Some of the best window cleaning robots can be slightly pricey however such models suit commercial setups more often. Popular budget friendly devices for smart homes offer a few basic features like:
The framework of your robotic window cleaner is dependent on weight, shape and design. Weight also plays a key role in power output and suction force for maximized cleaning. WINBOT W830 can polish and smooth vertical, horizontal and tilted surfaces. The shape of the Cop Rose X4 consists of a rounded exterior that can penetrate curved glass and indented corners. ECOVAC W950 comes with external surface pads that prevent a scratchy finish and ensure smooth cleaning.
2. Cord Length
If you have large, high rise windows then the power cable needs to be stable and long enough to cover a large surface area in the shortest span. What is more important is to check if the device comes with a safety cord or plug for additional security and hold. Commercial robotic cleaners like the Milagrow WINBOT W730 feature a 1.5 meters long extension cord. The Alfawise S60 sports a high tensile-strength safety cord that works even during a power failure.
3. Suction Force
The robot will be powered either by magnetic suction or a motor pump. A convenient feature like a powerful motor gives the device a strong footing on the window surface to prevent accidental falls. Magnetic connectivity requires a secondary magnetic piece on the opposite side of the window. The Alfawise S60 and the ECOVACS W850 both have a high speed suction fan and a four stage cleaning system. While using ECOVACS W710, home consumers need to be careful since the suction force is much too harsh for delicate windows.
Most window cleaning robots come with extended battery life that powers the device to complete washing cycles on a single charge. This could mean your device can function for a span of 15 to 30 minutes during power failure. The overall performance of your device is also based on the amount of noise produced. The TechComm V5 produces limited noise around 50 dB, while the WINBOT W710 though cheaper has a noisy output. The ECOVACS WINBOT W950 is a costly investment but its intelligent navigation system is a soundless operation well worth the money.
5. Smart Cleaning
The AI technology is another essential feature to consider especially if it allows the robotic window cleaner to navigate freely and accurately during play. Certain models come with added features that can target certain problems like free fall, hidden corners and sensors that detect and avoid sharp edges. Smart cleaning algorithms also offer alerts and notifications to facilitate streamlined performance. Domestic homeowners love the WINBOT W710 since its AI tech features a dual moisten and wipe/dry pad system integrated into three stages.
6. Type of Window
Always choose a robotic window cleaner that can work on both framed and unframed window. While ECOVACS W930 is suitable for mirrored panels and glass windows, the W830 model works well with mullioned panels. The size and shape of windows are deciding factors when you’re hunting for an automated gadget. For high rise or tall windows a robotic window cleaner is both safe and well organized. While the Cop Rose X4 can clean table tops and hardwood floors, ECOVACS is engineered to only clean glass windows.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) : Automated Window Cleaning Robots
1. How to Use a Robotic Window Cleaner?
- Before you use the device, clear away a spot on the glass surface so you can firmly place the robotic window cleaner. The tether and power cable should be securely mounted on the device before starting.
- Once it is placed on the window, press the START button, and wait for a mechanical cracking sound. Most models release such sounds once turned on, though few models are quite noiseless. You will witness the LED indicators beeping initially before the unit actually begins to move.
- For oddly shaped windows, its best to monitor the movement of the robotic window cleaning device especially around corners. This way you can use remote access control to clean through such uneven surfaces.
2. How to Maintain a Robotic Window Cleaner?
An automatic window cleaning robot can be maintained by going through a series of consistent steps which includes checking outside temperature before use.
- Most units cannot work in temperatures below 40 degree Fahrenheit hence aren’t useful in cold climates. If you’re planning on cleaning windows during spring season, it would be best to avoid humid temperatures and instead use the device on dry, sunny days. High humidity levels can easily break down your device and cause malfunction.
- If you have bought a model that cannot work on elevated surfaces and can only clean along solid lined surfaces, its best to never experiment. If you want a model that can work on funky window shapes, its best to upgrade your simpler model. The suction of your unit relies on maintaining a tight air seal which is ideal on straight lined surfaces.
- Cleaning pads should be washed weekly and cleansing solution should be changed frequently. You must also keep a tight check on the safety pad and harness system so as to avoid tangles during operation. Powering your device regularly and doing weekly checks is a must.
3. Where can we use Robotic Window Cleaners?
The best automated window washers are used on vertical and horizontal surfaces like:
- Tempered glass
- Painted/Tinted Glass
- Tiled Walls
- Softwood tables
- Varnished floors
4. Can I use a Robotic Window Cleaner on Mirrors and Shower Glass Panels?
Mirrors have an underlying surface that is reflective known as ‘silvering’ so you will need to be careful. Cheap mirrors often cannot withstand the suction force of some window cleaning robots especially the ECOVACS models that usually are heavyweight. Check the thickness of the glass plates that secures the mirror in place to understand if the suction is too much or sufficiently safe.
As for shower glass panels, these are generally solid so you can easily use your device on such surfaces although humidity levels needs to be minimum. Most robotic window cleaners like the Hobot 268 are ideal for cleaning sliding doors and shower glass panes.
5. Can we use Robotic Window Cleaners simultaneously on two Window Surfaces?
No, a robotic window cleaner cannot be used on two windows that are next to each other. It has to be a continuous surface that isn’t lined with strips, rails, sash or casements.
6. What principle do Robotic Window Cleaners work on?
Robotic window cleaners perform the cleaning task in two ways – either through a suction pump or a magnet. Some use suction force for a firm hold on glass surface. During this phase, the microfiber pads on rotating disks spin consistently to clean away dirt from the window pane. While one disk stays still and rotates the pads while the other disk rinses away the dirt. The pads get moist once they’re dampened with cleaning solution, and the wraparound squeegee polishes and ultimately dries the surface.
Certain other devices have magnets that hold together two separate units. The permanent magnets offer a sustainable fixture while the washing takes place. The separate units are powered by battery and move on either sides of the window. Each unit plays a specific role – while one unit sprays, absorbs and cleans away dirt, the other unit is tasked with supervising the robot’s movements. This means clear navigation is proposed by the unit through smart AI algorithms that also detect and avoid sharp edges.
7. What Robotic Window Cleaner can be used on Car Window Shields?
Gladwell Gecko robotic window cleaner is ideal for cleaning car window shields however the device cannot work without a power supply.
The introduction of automated robots has reduced manual workload, upgraded labour safety and enhanced cleaning efficiency. Alfawise WIN660, ECOVACS W950 and the TechComm V5 are leading competitors in the market. While all three devices are incredibly pricey, they are quite affordable for commercial setups. These high grade automated devices are excellent for cleaning high rise windows. However in conclusion we can state that the Alfawise WIN660 takes this win especially since it is lightweight, portable, and noiseless with AI navigation tech.
For smart home owners that are tech-savvy the Alfawise S60 is a wise option since it is programmed for maximum efficiency, works on an anti-drop algorithm and can be controlled via an app. According to reviews we’ve found that the Alfawise S60 can be used to clean hard surface floors and also counter tops! The mini robot is incredibly affordable but if you’re looking for something less costly, the ECOVACS W730 is another reliable choice. However we prefer the Alfawise S60 since it is more reliable for domestic window cleaning. The ECOVACS W730 model is heavy and definitely not easy to move around but Alfawise S60 is portable, user friendly and cost effective.
Last update on 2020-08-08 at 23:48 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API