The iRobot 240 Braava Robot Mop is a tiny robot mop that mops and sweeps floors. It’s also the cheapest smart mop on the market. It’s designed to clean smaller areas like bathrooms and kitchens with water spray and pads to clean effectively, efficiently, and quietly. Let’s do an iRobot 240 Braava Robot Mop review.
iRobot brand has been growing along with its line of robot vacuums over the years. The company also makes some floor cleaning robots dedicated to keeping hard floors clean and has them moping your hard floors regularly. The smallest, most affordable, and quiet robot of these is the iRobot 240 Braava Robot Mop, a multi-mode robotic mop that’s ideally suited for small spaces.
Robot vacuums are one of the best robot companions which come in handy when you have to do other most important and humanly chores other than cleaning and mopping. Since the advancement in technology is providing you an opportunity to spend quality time with your loved ones then why should one waste its time cleaning with manual vacuum cleaners and lawnmowers.
With so many robotic vacuum cleaners for pet hair, carpets, and hard floors on the market, it is hard to choose the best one. We’ve researched them extensively and found the iRobot 240 Braava Robot Mop to be the best answer for all of your problems.
Just sit back, relax and let the iRobot 240 Braava Robot Mop automatically clean your floors. iRobot 240 Braava Robot Mop automatically cleans all types of floors, like tile, vinyl, laminate, or hardwood.
iRobot 240 Braava Robot Mop Review:
Following is the ultimate and detailed review of the iRobot 240 Braava Robot Mop
IRobot 240 Braava Robot Mop comes in a small, but a very well-crafted box that immediately catches your attention for its simplicity and elegance. Attachments include:
- Braava jet 240 Robot Mop
- Lithium-Ion Battery
- Battery Charger
- Two Wet Mopping Pads
- Two Damp Sweeping Pads
- Two Dry Sweeping Pads
- Owner’s Guide
- Documentation Package
Design of iRobot 240 Braava Robot Mop:
IRobot’s 240 Braava Robot Mop is seven inches square and weighs around three pounds, but it is often described as a game-changer and a must-have for keeping our homes clean without the trouble of keeping it clean ourselves.
This is a box-shaped ‘bot with a cheerful blue-and-white color scheme. It’s easy to grab by the handle on top and move between rooms, but heavy enough to keep the cleaning pad firmly pressed against the floor. Also on top is a blue Clean button that starts and stops a session. You can knock down the button to create a Virtual Barrier, which prevents the robot from crossing it.
When you lift the handle of the iRobot 240 Braava Robot Mop, you’ll see the water tank cap and a switch to eject the cleaning pad. The back also contains a battery compartment, while the front contains the jet spray nozzle. Below you will find cliff sensors, a reader for detecting the type of cleaning pad, a dock where the pad can be attached, and two wheels.
How to Setup iRobot 240 Braava Robot Mop :
Setup is relatively simple. To Setup iRobot 240 Braava Robot Mop consider the following instructions:
- Unlike robot vacuums, the Jet doesn’t use a charging dock. Instead, you must insert a detachable battery into its supplied wall charger.
- Plug it into an outlet, and wait for it to charge.
- It takes about two hours to reach capacity.
- An indicator light on the battery blinks yellow when charging, and turns solid green once charged.
- After the battery has been installed, select a cleaning pad.
- Turn the ‘bot upside-down, and slide the pad into the dock on the bottom until you hear a click.
- The Jet automatically knows which mode to use based on the type of pad you attach underneath.
- If you choose a damp sweep or wet mopping pad, you also need to fill the robot with water.
- To do that, lift the handle on top, open the tank cap, and slowly fill it with warm water.
Note: It is recommended not to use any liquid other than water as it can potentially clog the spray nozzle and ruin the internal hardware of the iRobot 240 Braava Robot Mop.
- Place the Braava in the area you want to mop or sweep, about a foot away from any walls.
- Press the Clean button once wake it up, and again to start a cleaning session.
- When it finished, it will return to its starting spot.
- You can set up a Virtual Barrier by facing the robot away from your living room and pressing and holding the Clean button, which sets up an invisible boundary.
- You can eject the cleaning pad without touching it by lifting the handle and pulling the pad eject switchback.
Note: It is recommended that should drain the water tank before storing the robot, either wheel down or on its side.
The robot knows not to spray any objects that appear in front of it; it only spritzes water on a portion of the floor it knows is clear. It’s also very quiet in operation, so you can easily hold a conversation or watch TV when it’s on. The only noise you hear is a slight whirring when it sprays water.
Features of iRobot 240 Braava Robot Mop :
The iRobot 240 Braava jet Mopping Robot tackles dirt and stains in hard-to-reach areas, such as around toilets and under kitchen cabinets. Just attach a Braava jet Cleaning Pad and the robot will do the rest. It automatically selects wet mopping, damp sweeping, or dry sweeping. Braava jet is designed to clean hard floors including hardwood, tile, and stone.
Features of iRobot 240 Braava Robot Map as claimed by the manufacturer are as follows:
Cleans all hard floor types: The iRobot 240 Braava Robot Mop is designed to mop and sweep all hard floor surfaces, including hardwood, tile, and stone. It is highly recommended to Always follow manufacturer or installer instructions when cleaning your floors.
Tackles dirt and stains: Precision Jet Spray loosens dirt and stains. Before it sprays, iRobot 240 Braava Robot Mop searches for obstacles in its path to help protect furniture, rugs, and walls. Tested in wet mode on dried coffee and soda.
Gently scrubs floors: The iRobot 240 Braava Robot mop’s Vibrating Cleaning Head gently scrubs dirt and stains. Vibrating Cleaning Head used only in Wet Mopping and Damp Sweeping modes. Tested in wet mode on dried coffee and soda.
Navigates hard-to-reach places: iRobot 240 Braava Robot Mop, mops and sweeps small spaces, such as kitchens and bathrooms, with an efficient, systematic cleaning pattern. With its square shape and compact size, Braava jet gets under and around toilets, into corners, and below cabinets.
Attach a pad and just press Clean: The iRobot 240 Braava Robot Mop automatically selects the correct cleaning method based on pad type. Simply attach the pad of your choice and press Clean on the robot. Choose from Wet Mopping, Damp Sweeping, and Dry Sweeping pads.
Never touch the dirt: Eject and discard iRobot 240 Braava Robot Mop cleaning pads at the push of a button, without ever having to touch grime or grit. Just press the easy Pad Eject button and drop the pad into the trash.
Goes only where you want it to: Create an invisible boundary with the built-in Virtual Wall Mode to keep iRobot 240 Braava Robot Mopjet in rooms without a door, such as kitchens and entryways.
Cleans with care: iRobot 240 Braava Robot Mop remembers obstacles in its path and slows down to gently clean along with furniture and walls. Plus, Braava jet avoids stairs and riding up on rugs.
The iRobot app: Though you can certainly use the Braava Jet 240 on its own, pairing it with the iRobot app, provides some advantages. Most obviously, you can start and stop mopping jobs without having to be in the same room with the Jet. But the app lets you control the amount of water the Jet sprays in wet mopping and damp sweeping modes as well. It also provides some tutorials and a direct link to the cleaning-smart pad page of the iRobot store.
- Multiple cleaning modes, including wet mopping, damp sweeping, and dry sweeping
- Relatively affordable
- Intelligent navigation
- Small size is ideal for apartments
- Replaceable battery
- Automatically returns to the starting point after cleaning
- Anti-drop sensors
- App Control
- Simple setup and operation
- Easy to Use
- Easy to handle
- Must purchase washable or disposable replacement pads
- Can only clean up to 250 square feet at a time
- Maps and virtual barriers are deleted after each cleaning
- Additional cleaning pads can get expensive
Tips to remember:
Following tips should be kept in mind while buying a robot vacuum cleaner:
- Home Survey: The very first thing which you have got to do is to survey your home. You need to check that Is there hardwood or carpet in your house? How thick are carpets? How many levels does your home have? Do you have pets that shed a lot? Does your cat kick her litter out of the box? These are factors to consider when shopping around for a robot vacuum for the first time.
- Budget: Robot vacuums’ prices vary widely. You can spend less than $200 or more than $1,000.
- App Control: The newest robot vacuums in the market function with the help of apps that make it easier to control and schedule cleanings. Many models map your home and allow you to clean specific areas with just a single tap on the app.
- Suction Power: Some robot vacuums clean better than others. Not all robot vacuums have the same suction and cleaning power. Some are better at picking up pet hair from carpets, while others might perform better on the hardwood.
Note: Above mentioned tips are just preliminary guidelines for buying a robot vacuum for the first time. One must keep in mind different other factors and features too.
The iRobot 240 Braava Robot Mop is quite low-cost, quiet, and cleans your floors well. As such, it’s one of the cheapest robots from iRobot and ideal for anyone that lives in a small space and wants to keep it clean.