The iRobot Roomba i7 (7150) Robot Vacuum is the most advanced and smartest robot vacuum. It is indeed a great gadget to help out with simple house chores. With its new smart mapping technology and integrated digital assistant functionality, the iRobot Roomba i7 (7150) Robot Vacuum is an impressive new development for iRobot’s line of robot vacuums. Let’s do iRobot Roomba i7 (7150) Robot Vacuum review.
Roomba is famous for bringing quality and dependability in performing various household tasks.
This iRobot Roomba i7 (7150) Robot Vacuum gets rid of brushes, increasing suction and airflow as it vacuums anything you need to. It gets rid of dirt, dust, pet fur, and pet hair with its patented 3-stage cleaning system.
The best robot vacuum cleaners today have many features, and the robot vacuums that can empty their own dustbin via Alexa, Google Assistant, or gestures have been some of the most significant innovations in the market.
When you have other very important chores to do other than cleaning and mopping, having a robot companion can be very beneficial. Since the advancement in technology is allowing you to spend quality time with your loved ones, why would you want to use manual vacuum cleaners and lawnmowers?
With so many robotic vacuum cleaners for pet hair, carpets, and hard floors out there, it’s difficult to select the right one. We’ve done intensive research and found the iRobot Roomba i7 (7150) Robot Vacuum to be the best solution.
Just sit back, relax and let the iRobot Roomba i7 (7150) Robot Vacuum automatically clean your floors. iRobot Roomba i7 (7150) Robot Vacuum automatically cleans all types of floors, like tile, vinyl, laminate, or hardwood.
iRobot Roomba i7 (7150) Robot Vacuum Review:
Following is the ultimate and detailed review of the iRobot Roomba i7 (7150) Robot Vacuum :
iRobot Roomba i7 (7150) Robot Vacuum comes in a small but exceptionally well-crafted box with a very striking design. It comes with the following accessories:
- iRobot Roomba i7 (7150) Vacuum
- One iRobot Lithium-Ion Battery
- One Virtual Wall
- Integrated Home Base
- Home Base Charging Station
- One Extra High-Efficiency HEPA Filter
- User Manual
- 12-month warranty card
Design of iRobot Roomba i7 (7150) Robot Vacuum :
Design-wise, there’s nothing new about the iRobot Roomba i7 (7150) Robot Vacuum. It’s circular in shape, measuring 13 inches in diameter and 3.7 inches in height. It has a black and silver body with sleek lines that give the looks of futuristic technology. The oblong black divot in the center houses the navigation camera.
Above that, you’ll find a round start button flanked by Home and Spot Clean buttons. Each button is ringed with LED lighting, which lights up white when cleaning, red when charging, and blue when connecting to Wi-Fi.
Its bottom has a side brush, dual rollers, two main treads, drop sensors, and the dustbin. Unlike other Roombas, the dustbin here has a small door that automatically connects with the Clean Base when docked.
Speaking of the Clean Base, it’s much bigger than your typical robot vacuum charging dock. It measures 19.0 by 12.2 by 15.1 inches, which should take up a considerable amount of floor space wherever it is placed. It contains its own vacuum inside.
At the bottom of the clean base is a tiny square that aligns with the dustbin door of the Vacuum. So, when the vacuum is docked, the Clean Base will automatically suck all the debris into a separate bag located at the top of the clean base.
iRobot claims the dustbin has a high-efficiency filter that traps 99 percent of pollen, mold, dust mite, cat, and dog allergens. A spare is included in the box, and the dustbin comes with one filter already installed. It is always recommended that pick up cables, cords, and toys so the iRobot Roomba i7 (7150) Robot Vacuum doesn’t get tangled or stuck on them.
The bag holds up to 30 full dustbins, and slides on and off the top lid of the Clean Base for quick and easy removal (the app will inform you when it’s full). However, you will need to buy replacements. The iRobot package includes two bags (for up to 60 full dustbins).
How to Setup iRobot Roomba i7 (7150) Robot Vacuum :
To Setup iRobot Roomba i7 (7150) Robot Vacuum, consider the following instructions:
Setting up the iRobot Roomba i7 (7150) Robot Vacuum is relatively straightforward. Just follow the below-mentioned instructions:
- First, download the iRobot app (for Android and iOS) and register an account.
- Once that’s done, select the device you want to connect,
- Press the home and spot clean buttons on the vacuum simultaneously
- Wait for the LED ring around the start button to turn blue.
- After that, simply follow in-app instructions for connecting to your home Wi-Fi network.
Note: iRobot Roomba i7 (7150) Robot Vacuum only supports 2.4GHz Wi-Fi.
Similarly, connecting to Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant is also easy. All you have to do is:
- Enable the iRobot skill in the respective apps and link your accounts.
- Once that’s done, you can use voice commands to start and stop cleaning.
- Check battery life
- Return the robot to its dock, and locate it.
You must remember that the app itself is well-designed and easy to navigate. The main screen is minimalistic, with a large Clean button at its center. Below that, you can choose between tabs for Preferences, History, Schedule, Smart Maps, and More.
- In the History tab, you can view cleaning statistics.
- Schedule lets you program cleaning sessions.
- Preferences are where you can toggle various settings
- The More tab is home to care instructions, additional settings, and a Locate Roomba button.
When you have saved a floor plan, you can then label individual rooms based on where the walls and doors are located. Once each room has been identified, you can then schedule cleanings for specific rooms either through the app or through your voice assistant.
Other features as claimed by the manufacturer are as follows:
Powerful performance: The multi-surface rubber brushes and power-lifting suction will pull dirt, debris, and pet hair from all surfaces to be cleaned.
Guided by serious smarts: An entire level of your home can be mapped and cleaned in an intelligent manner. With vSLAM navigation, you can navigate neatly and efficiently through your home.
New App, New level of clean: Whether it’s customizing routines or customizing maps, you’ve got full control. Keeping up with messes is easier with customized cleaning suggestions.
Vacuums messes at the moment: Is there cereal on the floor? Is there a potted plant lying on the ground that the cat knocked over? Your rooms can be targeted with the i7 by aiming it at specific areas such as in front of the couch or under the table.
A clean unique to you: Creates a customized cleaning schedule based on the information you provide about your cleaning habits. Provides additional cleaning suggestions when pollen counts are high or when pets shed.
Complete control of your clean: Imprint Smart Mapping lets you choose where and when your robot cleans, so it knows your kitchen from your living room.
Steer clear of objects: A Keep Out Zone is a customizable way of instructing your robot not to enter specific areas or objects.
Ideal for homes with pets: Unique multi-surface dual rubber brushes eliminate tangles caused by pet hair. A high-efficiency filter captures 99% of cat and dog dander allergens.
The dream team of clean: With Imprint Link Technology, the Roomba i7 and Braava jet m6 robot vacuums and robot mops work together automatically to clean in perfect sync.
Clean without lifting a finger: Simply tell your robot when & where to clean – and then you can put your feet up. You can also use Google Home and Alexa.
Always getting smarter: The PC possesses advanced hardware, which will enable you to enjoy the benefits you love today and take advantage of the latest advancements in the future.
Compatible with Clean Base: With the Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal, you won’t have to vacuum for months at a time.
If we summarize these points in a single list, then we can say that the iRobot Roomba i7 (7150) Robot Vacuum comes with the following amazing features:
- Superior powerful suction power and amazing vacuum cleaning technology
- Powerful Performance And Powerful Pick-up
- Smart Navigation Gets the Job Done
- It goes where it is needed, Avoids where it is not needed
- Learns your Life, Listens to your voice
- Ideal for homes with Pets
- The Dream team of Clean
- Picks up right where it left off
- Compatible with Clean Base
- A new app, a new level of clean
- Cleans around your life
- Senses and eliminates dirt
- High-precision sensors
- Infrared sensors prevent the vacuum from falling downstairs or bumping into things
- Can clean floors automatically and walls and windows
- Simple setup and operation
- Self-emptying dustbin.
- Multistory mapping.
- Excellent camera-based navigation.
- Automatic room recognition.
- Easy to Use
- Easy to handle
- Carpet boost
- 12 Months Warranty
- Anti-drop sensors
- App Control
- Lithium-ion Battery
- Self-emptying dustbin
- Works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- Supports IFTTT and scheduling
- Clean Base is bulky.
- Can be loud
Tips to remember:
Following tips should be kept in mind while buying a robot vacuum cleaner:
- Home Survey: The very first thing which you have got to do is to survey your home. You need to check that Is there hardwood or carpet in your house? How thick are carpets? How many levels does your home have? Do you have pets that shed a lot? Does your cat kick her litter out of the box? These are factors to consider when shopping around for a robot vacuum for the first time.
- Budget: Robot vacuums’ prices vary widely. You can spend less than $200 or more than $1,000.
- App Control: The newest robot vacuums in the market function with the help of apps that make it easier to control and schedule cleanings. Many models map your home and allow you to clean specific areas with just a single tap on the app.
- Suction Power: Some robot vacuums clean better than others. Not all robot vacuums have the same suction and cleaning power. Some are better at picking up pet hair from carpets, while others might perform better on the hardwood.
Note: Above mentioned tips are just preliminary guidelines for buying a robot vacuum for the first time. One must keep in mind different other factors and features too.
iRobot Roomba i7 (7150) Robot Vacuum is one of the best vacuum cleaners. We have robots doing everything. Cars that drive themselves, drones that hover in the sky, and robot vacuums that vacuum carpets and furniture. With the iRobot Roomba i7 (7150) Robot Vacuum, you can avoid the trouble of hauling out a heavy canister vacuum whenever a bowl of peanuts falls on the floor. It is the perfect appliance for all of your cleaning needs.