The iRobot Roomba i3 (3150) Robot Vacuum Cleaner is a great way to help out with simple house chores. Robot vacuum cleaners have become commoditized; however, mopping robots still have a lot of room to grow. Roomba is famous for bringing quality and dependability in performing various household tasks.
When you use robot vacuums and lawnmowers, you may never see vacuuming the same way again. These days, the best robot vacuums have many features, robot vacuums that can empty their own dustbin and respond to Alexa, Google Assistant, and gestures are among the most important innovations in the industry in recent years.
When it comes to innovations and advancements in technology, people have always dreamed of having a robot companion to assist them with cleaning and other household tasks. Besides offering much greater convenience than traditional models, they significantly decrease your exposure to dust. This feature comes in handy if you are allergic to dust.
Well, innovations in technology have solved a lot of our problems related to vacuuming and cleaning. With so many robotic vacuum cleaners for pet hair, carpets, and hard floors out there, it is hard to choose the best one. We’ve done intensive research and have found the iRobot Roomba i3 (3150) Robot Vacuum Cleaner as the best solution to all your problems.
Just sit back, relax and let the iRobot Roomba i3 (3150) Robot Vacuum Cleaner automatically clean your floors. iRobot Roomba i3 (3150) Robot Vacuum Cleaner automatically cleans all types of floors, like tile, vinyl, laminate, or hardwood.
iRobot Roomba i3 (3150) Robot Vacuum Cleaner Review:
Following is the ultimate and detailed review of the iRobot Roomba i3 (3150) Robot Vacuum Cleaner:
iRobot Roomba i3 (3150) Robot Vacuum comes in a small but exceptionally well-crafted box that has a stunning design. The first thing you will notice is its simplicity and elegance. It comes with the following accessories:
- Roomba i3 Wi-Fi Enabled Robot Vacuum
- Home Base Charging Station
- 1 Extra High-Efficiency Filter
- User Manual
- Charging Dock
- Lithium-ion Batteries
- 12-month warranty card
Design: As with its predecessors, the iRobot Roomba i3 (3150) Robot Vacuum has a Cleaning Base automatic dirt disposal unit, which charges the robot, and holds about 60 days’ worth of debris in its AllergenLock bag. The Clean Base’s motor kicks on when the robot docks after cleaning as it sucks the dustbin contents into the bag.
There are three buttons on the top of the iRobot Roomba i3 (3150) Robot Vacuum: A large Scan/Power button is in the middle with two other buttons on either side. The Clean/Power button surrounds a Light Ring Indicator, which stays off most of the time, but shines white when fully charged, flashes solid white when fully charged, pulses red when the battery is low, glows blue when looking for its Clean Base, and flashes blue when it’s in Dirt Detect mode.
Unlike many robot vacuum cleaners, the iRobot Roomba i3 (3150) Robot Vacuum features a gray matte/textured finish that almost resembles fabric and reduces fingerprint. On top, there is a Room Confinement sensor that detects its Clean Base, and a Light Touch sensor on the front that detects walls and other obstacles.
It has two brushes that work together on the bottom and a brush that sweeps away obstructions. It has four Cliff sensors to keep it from falling down the stairs and a Tile Tracking sensor to help it move in a row rather than a bumper car-style manner.
iRobot claims the dustbin has a high-efficiency filter that traps 99 percent of pollen, mold, dust mite, cat, and dog allergens. A spare is included in the box, and the dustbin comes with one filter already installed. It is always recommended that pick up cables, cords, and toys so the iRobot Roomba i3 (3150) Robot Vacuum Cleaner doesn’t get tangled or stuck on them.
How to Setup iRobot Roomba i3 (3150) Robot Vacuum Cleaner :
To Setup iRobot Roomba i3 (3150) Robot Vacuum Cleaner consider the following instructions:
- Make sure the charging station is placed against the wall near an outlet, in range of Wi-Fi coverage, and at least 1.5 feet away from other objects.
- Make sure the metal charging contacts are lined up on the charging station before manually placing the robot on it.
- Approximately one minute after this, you should hear a sound that indicates the robot is awake and changing.
- Then, you need to download the iRobot Home app and set up a new account if you don’t have one already. Upon first signing in, it will ask you for permission to connect to devices on your local network.
- Press OK.
- It takes you to the Add a Robot screen; here, select Roomba, and you can then name your robot or go with the default option.
- The app then takes you to a Wi-Fi screen where you can choose the network you wish to connect it to and enter your password.
- Once that’s done, you must press the Robot’s Home and Spot buttons simultaneously for two seconds to hear a sound.
- When you hear the sound, check the box next to where it says “I pressed the buttons,” then tap Continue.
- It will start activating the robot.
- The activation process only takes a minute or so.
- Upon activation, the app guides you through a quick demonstration of what your Roomba can do.
- During the activation process, an Alexa notification will appear on your phone saying the new robot was found. You can control it with the words “Turn on Roomba.”
Other features as claimed by the manufacturer are as follows:
Powerful performance: With the 10x the Power-Lifting Suction & Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes, the iRobot Roomba i3 (3150) Robot Vacuum Cleaner pulls in the dirt, debris, & pet hair from wherever it hides.
Smart navigation: The iRobot Roomba i3 (3150) Robot Vacuum Cleaner navigates & maps your home in neat rows using state-of-the-art floor tracking sensors to vacuum hardwood & carpet.
New App, New level of clean: The newly updated iRobot Home App allows you to upgrade your overall cleaning experience. Enjoy features that work around your life.
Cleans around your life: iRobot Roomba i3 (3150) Robot Vacuum Cleaner Learns from your cleaning habits to offer up customized schedules. Suggests extra cleanings when the pollen count is high or during pet shedding season.
Ideal for homes with pets: Unique Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes don’t get tangled with pet hair. High-Efficiency Filter traps 99% of cat & dog dander allergens.
The dream team of clean: With Imprint Link Technology, the iRobot Roomba i3 (3150) Robot Vacuum Cleaner & Braava jet m6 robot mop team up to vacuum then mop automatically in perfect sequence.
Clean with your voice: Keep doing what you’re doing. Through the iRobot app or your Google or Alexa voice assistant, simply tell your robot to clean & consider it done.
Compatible with Clean Base: Forget about vacuuming for months at a time with the iRobot Roomba i3 (3150) Robot Vacuum Cleaner Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal feature.
If we summarize these points in a single list, then we can say that the iRobot Roomba i3 (3150) Robot Vacuum Cleaner mighty comes with the following amazing features:
- Superior powerful suction power and amazing vacuum cleaning technology
- Powerful Performance And Powerful Pick-up
- Smart Navigation Gets the Job Done
- It goes where it is needed, Avoids where it is not needed
- Learns your Life, Listens to your voice
- Ideal for homes with Pets
- The Dream team of Clean
- Picks up right where it left off
- Compatible with Clean Base
- A new app, a new level of clean
- Cleans around your life
- Senses and eliminates dirt
- High-precision sensors
- Infrared sensors prevent the vacuum from falling down stairs or bumping into things
- Can clean floors automatically and walls and windows
- Simple setup and operation
- Easy to Use
- Easy to handle
- Carpet boost
- 12 Months Warranty
- Anti-drop sensors
- App Control
- Dual Reservoir
- Lithium-ion Battery
- Self-emptying dustbin
- Works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- Supports IFTTT and scheduling
- Detects and focuses on heavily soiled areas
- Lacks smart mapping
- Average battery life
- Can be loud
Tips to remember:
Following tips should be kept in mind while buying a robot vacuum cleaner:
- Home Survey: The very first thing which you have got to do is to survey your home. You need to check that Is there hardwood or carpet in your house? How thick are carpets? How many levels does your home have? Do you have pets that shed a lot? Does your cat kick her litter out of the box? These are factors to consider when shopping around for a robot vacuum for the first time.
- Budget: Robot vacuums’ prices vary widely. You can spend less than $200 or more than $1,000.
- App Control: The newest robot vacuums in the market function with the help of apps that make it easier to control and schedule cleanings. Many models map your home and allow you to clean specific areas with just a single tap on the app.
- Suction Power: Some robot vacuums clean better than others. Not all robot vacuums have the same suction and cleaning power. Some are better at picking up pet hair from carpets, while others might perform better on the hardwood.
Note: Above mentioned tips are just preliminary guidelines for buying a robot vacuum for the first time. One must keep in mind different other factors and features too.
TheiRobot Roomba i3 (3150) Robot Vacuum Cleaner is one of the best vacuum cleaners. We have robots doing it all. Cars that drive themselves, drones that navigate the sky, and robot vacuums that find their way around furniture. A robot vacuum keeps things relatively clean and saves you the hassle of hauling out the heavy canister vacuum every time a bowl of peanuts falls on the floor. iRobot Roomba i3 (3150) Robot Vacuum Cleaner is affordable and the best fit for all of your problems.