Smart plug outlets are the most economical way to automate your home with smart devices especially if you have an Alexa & Google Home enabled gadgets. Some of the best smart plugs for alexa help save on energy costs, and give remote access control to consumers for managing a smart home setup. Independent and versatile, Alexa compatible smart plugs allow digital assistant integration especially if you’re eager to turn your space into a fully automated home. Here is a comprehensive review of the leading products in the market.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Smart Plugs For Alexa Comparison Table 
- 2 Top 11 Best Smart Plugs For Alexa
- 2.1 1. Kasa Smart WiFi Plug Lite by TP-Link (HS103P2)
- 2.2 Pros:
- 2.3 Cons:
- 2.4 2. Amazon Smart Plug
- 2.5 Pros:
- 2.6 Cons:
- 2.7 3. Kasa Smart WiFi Plug (HS100)
- 2.8 Pros:
- 2.9 Cons:
- 2.10 4. HeimVision Wi-Fi Smart Plug
- 2.11 Pros:
- 2.12 Cons:
- 2.13 5. TECKIN Smart Wi-Fi Plug
- 2.14 Pros:
- 2.15 Cons:
- 2.16 6. Wemo Insight Smart Plug
- 2.17 Pros:
- 2.18 Cons:
- 2.19 7. Etekcity WiFi Smart Plug
- 2.20 Pros:
- 2.21 Cons:
- 2.22 8. AISIRER Smart Plug
- 2.23 Pros:
- 2.24 Cons:
- 2.25 9. Meross Smart Power Strip
- 2.26 Pros:
- 2.27 Cons:
- 2.28 10. COOSA WiFi Smart Plug
- 2.29 Pros:
- 2.30 Cons:
- 2.31 11. Kasa Smart WiFi Power Strip
- 2.32 Pros:
- 2.33 Cons:
- 3 Best Smart Plugs for Alexa Buying Guide
- 4 Alexa Smart Plugs FAQs
- 5 Final Thoughts
Top 11 Best Smart Plugs For Alexa
1. Kasa Smart WiFi Plug Lite by TP-Link (HS103P2)
Measuring 2.6 x 1.6 x 1.5 inches in size, the Kasa Smart Wi-Fi smart plug is a white, rectangular shaped device that comes with a 2 year warranty, and features a matte finish. The design of this smart plug is simple, and sophisticated with the ability to control loads up to 10 amps.
- UL certified to promote safety, this utility smart plug features a standard electrical outlet that works best with lamps, fans and small electronics.
- You can program schedules at designated times for different smart appliances connected to the smart plug.
- The Away Mode improves security by switching off certain electrical devices (for e.g. light bulbs) at random moments.
- The smart plug is 1.5 inches thick, with a compact housing that allows it to blend easily into your outlet without interfering with adjacent power sockets.
- The countdown feature allows you to set a timer that can switch off automated devices, and the voice control option is compatible with Alexa, Microsoft Cortana & Google Assistant.
- Connects easily with 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network giving access to any light-duty electronic device
- Can be programmed to conduct periodic checks
- The Kasa app is compatible with TP-Link smart home devices
- Compact design gives the smart plug a versatile fit
- Remote access control through the Kasa app allows easy monitoring through smart phone & iOS device
- Is not the best device for controlling a smart security system
- Doesn’t follow through with IFTTT recipes without Wi-Fi connection
- Is only compatible with devices that are Android 4.1 or higher and iOS 9.0 or higher
- Energy monitoring is only efficient for HS103P2 models
- Only light-duty electronics can be controlled using this smart plug
TP-Link is a leading brand in smart technology, and their latest edition, the Kasa HS103P2 model can easily connect with smart devices like Alexa & Google Assistant. The Kasa smart plug is small in size, simple and easy to install without the need for technical assistance. The smart plug is perfect for beginners, and apart from energy monitoring it also allows remote access control for better reliability.