Alarm.com Smart Thermostat helps you manage your home’s energy consumption by working with other energy-consuming appliances and fixtures. This is accomplished by syncing with other devices and sensors in your house to keep the temperature set to the right level. Alarm.com Smart Thermostat is the best thermostat available in the market.
For instance, if you leave a door or window open for a long time, the AC can turn off automatically so you don’t waste energy. In the event that you arm your home’s alarm system and leave the house, the thermostat will automatically lower the temperature to save you energy and money.
Additionally, you can remotely adjust your home’s temperature, and when you’re near your home, Alarm.com’s Geo-Services feature will instantly begin adjusting the temperature to your liking. So there is no need to install any additional blinds and shades.
You can’t go wrong with the Alarm.com Smart Thermostat if you’re looking for the greatest smart thermostat. You can save energy with its well-designed and feature-rich design. There may be a need to register with a security or smart home dealer in order to use it. Alarm.com is among the top sellers of security and smart home equipment on the market. They also have a few killer apps that manage their systems.
There are too many thermostats available in the market. It becomes difficult to choose the best one. That’s where we play our role. We have done intensive research and found the Alarm.com thermostat as the best thermostat for you. We have done this research so that you may not have to waste your time looking for the best thermostat.
Alarm.com Smart Thermostat Review
The following is the ultimate review of the Alarm.com smart thermostat.
Design of Alarm.com Smart Thermostat
Unlike most thermostats, this one looks nice and is capable of monitoring the temperature in multiple rooms. This thermostat from Alarm.com is pristine white, and even the numbers on the display are whiter. Moreover, the thermostat is glazed, which gives it an elegant sheen compared to a traditional matte thermostat.
Its interface has several buttons to make it easy to use, but it does not offer much functionality. It will be necessary to jump into your app to take care of the nitty-gritty, such as checking the temperature of other rooms. Your system can be controlled with a voice command if you’ve hooked it up to Alexa or Google Assistant.
Remote Sensors of Alarm.com Smart Thermostat
With an Alarm.com Smart Thermostat, you can set the temperature remotely using temperature sensors. Having them around your house allows you or the thermostat to adjust the temperature by room. Alternatively, if you don’t care about controlling the exact temperature of each room, you can skip this expense.
Features of Alarm.com Smart Thermostat
The following are the features of the Alarm.com Smart Thermostat
Smart Thermostats Allow You to do a lot.
An attractive feature of this thermostat is that it can potentially save you money and energy. Here are a few features that help make that possible.
As soon as you leave the house, the thermostat monitors the location of your smartphone. A sensor also determined whether the building was empty based on activity. The climate control system won’t try to maintain the right temperature in the house until it sees that you are walking towards it. After that, bam! In the end, it’s all about how you like it. Alarm.com smart thermostat will adjust the temperature.
Local Weather Adjustments
With real-time, local weather data, the Smart Thermostat keeps track of the weather. Your thermostat will automatically adjust if the weather turns extreme without you having to do anything.
Your thermostat can be set to lockout. If the temperature of your child is always too high or too low, what do you do to fix the problem? On your thermostat, you can set a lock-out so that only you can change it.
In case that feels too heavy-handed, you can set an alert for when the temperature exceeds or falls below a certain level. As a result, you will only need to take control of the system when necessary.
Alarm.com Smart Thermostat Home Automation and Mobile Control Features
Alarm.com’s mobile app allows the thermostat to be integrated with other products. You can create a truly smart home by syncing your Alarm.com thermostat with other devices. In addition, it provides remote access at a high level.
The home automation capabilities of this thermostat are average. You can connect to Alexa and Google Home using this device. Using the app, it can also work with other Alarm.com products as well as some Z-Wave equipment.
Security equipment and thermostat can communicate with each other if your provider uses Alarm.com (like Frontpoint). In the event an Alarm.com carbon monoxide or smoke alarm sounds, your thermostat will shut down the HVAC system in order to prevent the spread of gas/smoke.
The Apps powered by Alarm.com are used by many of its dealers, big and small. It also has a highly-regarded standalone app.
As a result, there may not be a way for us to check every app Alarm.com has created. Alarm.com is a standalone app we have used, and it’s a wonderful tool. The interface looks easy to use and well organized. It is also compatible with your phone, tablet, Apple Watch, and smart TV.
- In addition to controlling your home’s heating unit, it controls other electrical appliances and light bulbs so you can save gas and electricity.
- Other home automation gadgets like garage doors, cameras, alarm systems, etc. can also be controlled.
- With a temperature sensor, motion detectors, door/window sensors, and security alarm sensors, it offers more information on how to conserve energy.
- It costs more. The thermostat itself is less expensive. However, you will need to purchase a home automation system and the service plan that comes with it in order to use it properly.
Tips to Remember while Buying a Thermostat
The following points should be kept in mind while looking for a thermostat
Choose a Thermostat that meets your Needs
You should first decide why you need a smart thermostat in the first place before selecting the best one for your household. The best thing is that you can control them all with your smartphone while you are sitting on your couch or working. Which other benefits would you consider most important? Is it possible for you to:
- Is it time to stop manually adjusting your thermostat as your schedule changes?
- Would you like to save money on energy costs?
- Could you set your thermostat based on other activities (like going to bed or arming your security system)?
- What effect does changing your thermostat settings have on your energy usage?
- Have you got the latest and greatest technology?
- Would you like to be able to control your entire house with a single app?
With the right smart thermostat, you can accomplish whatever goals you want.
Discover the Features that are Right for You
Typically, people skip the step of looking at features, and they become overwhelmed. Knowing what’s most important to you now should make choosing a smart thermostat much easier because you can opt for a device that offers the features you need.
For example, if you would like to be able to control your entire home, including temperature, via a single app, you may want to consider home automation packages that include a smart thermostat.
Imagine that you would really like a thermostat that would show you exactly how much money you are saving. You can compare the ways these thermostats record and report your energy use and find the one you prefer. You may also want to consider the following features:
- Smart thermostats can automatically adjust their temperature based on your location (via the app on your phone) or based on motion detection.
- A smart thermostat with an automatic trigger can work with your security system or home automation system, adding even more benefits. If your security system is armed or disarmed, you can have your thermostat adjust the temperature automatically.
- Integration with your HVAC system – Some thermostat manufacturers are able to maximize your home’s comfort and energy efficiency by connecting the HVAC system (air conditioner, furnace, thermostat, humidifier, etc.) together.
Ensure Compatibility by Double-Checking
By now, you’ve likely narrowed down your list to a handful of thermostats options. Before you choose, make sure that the technology and systems you have already in place will work with it. The following is a quick checklist. Make sure the thermostat is compatible with:
- The entire range of your devices. (Do you have any apps for your iPhones, iPads, Android phones/tablets, computers, etc.?)
- You can use your existing home automation or security system. (If that’s important to you.)
- Your air conditioning and heating systems’ brand.
- Your type of A/C/heat pump/furnace/blower. (Including condensers with two stages and variable-speed blowers)
- Setup of your home. (Multiple stories, zoning systems, etc.)
We have provided you with a detailed review of the Alarm.com thermostat. A thermostat can be beneficial for you in many ways. Readers are recommended to thoroughly go through this review before making any purchases related to thermostats.
How to Install Alarm.com Smart Thermostat?
The installation process is determined by your dealer. A third-party security dealer will determine the installation details if you purchase an Alarm.com thermostat through them. A thermostat is often more complicated than another smart home device. You will need to connect it to your HVAC wiring, rather than a sensor or smart lock. Unless you know what you’re doing, it’s best to hire a professional if you’re working on a heating and cooling system.